Heroic Recruiting Video Editor
Do you want to work in a hyper-expansive industry with 500 million fans, professional teams battling for millions in prize pools, and annual revenues exceeding $1 billion?
We are strengthening our content team with an editor based in Oslo, Norway and also looking to build relationships with talented editors across the globe that have a passion for gaming and want to help lift the production quality of esports content to a new high.
As a video editor in Heroic, you will play an important role in our content team, work closely with our content managers, graphic designers, and be a part of our video production team. We hope to attract an experienced, creative, and self-driven candidate with a proven track record ideally from esports, gaming, advertisement, media, or entertainment industries.
You should be up to date on all major SoMe platforms including trends on platforms such as 9GAG, Reddit, and Twitch. Overall, you should have a genuine interest for expanding reach through development of high-quality content across our international target groups, hereunder both existing fans and new prospect followers.
- Full Time editor based in Oslo, Norway
- Freelance editors (location not important) that are open to signing full time contracts in the future
- Edit 1-4 videos a week depending on complexity and length. We strive for an 8 hour workday.
- Implement strategies to grow Heroic’s SoMe reach through video production
- Be able to edit videos for Youtube, Tiktok, Snapchat – and one day Netflix and HBO.
- Implement best practice SoMe processes incl. planning, production, quality control, & reporting
- Work with our partners and influencers to create great content form our boot camps and strategic partnerships
- Long term specialize in esports content, influencer content, twitch highlights, team documentaries or social media video. (1-3 years away)
- Help develop your team and contribute to the content team with your insights and skills. We want everyone to develop in Heroic and if we help each other – everyone wins.
- Provide an x-factor: Either it’s great sound editing, motion graphics, grading, tiktok cases, live stream experience, great documentary filmmaking or something else. We want everyone to have something they are extra passionate about and that will help us elevate esports content to a new high.
Academic and professional background
- Min. 5 years of experience as an editor
- Relevant experience editing gaming or video for social media platforms
- Working in the Adobe package with Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere
- Something that make us go WOW in your portfolio/showreel
- Able to give and receive feedback in a constructive and polite manner
- Passionate about content creation and video editing
- Strong interest for digital popular culture hereunder esports and gaming
- Fluent in English, and attracted to working in international environments
- Driven by high speed, short deadlines, and direct results
What Heroic offers:
- Established SoMe platform with ~700k followers and all-time views of ~150M across channels
- Strong willingness to investment into the domain with ~40% growth last 4 months
- Already strong established team with SoMe and media experts coming from esports
- Early entry, hereunder the ability to impact our long-term direction
- Secured funding and competitive salary
- Dynamic and fun work environment, with people and culture as the pinnacle for growth
- Opportunity to gain unique esports competency from “the inside”
- Chance to travel to and cover the biggest international esports events
- International environment; Nordics as our base and the world as our playground
- Opportunity to position the Nordics at the top of a global competitive arena
- Big screens, powerful computers, ergonomic gaming chairs, and free flow of energy drinks
How to apply?
- Submit your application by email to: [email protected]
- Include your CV with all relevant projects and your specific role in each project, link to relevant cases (streaming) and a short cover letter / motivational letter in two separate attachments
- Include your name and the role you are applying for in the e-mail subject field (Example: Application for Video editor Oslo or Video editor freelance global – John Handcock)
- Our deadline for all applications is 3rd of September
- All applications that are deemed qualified and relevant for the position(s) will be asked to edit one video as a paid project on a set schedule
For any questions regarding the application process please contact: