Heroic enters Rocket League
Today, Heroic announces the signing of Rocket League team The Flying Dutchmen's roster, including two-time world champion Jos "ViolentPanda" van Meurs.
The Flying Dutchmen is competing in the Rocket League Championship series (RCLS) and currently sits in 7th place in Europe. Going forward the team will play under the Heroic banner and the full roster consists of:
- Jos van Meurs alias ViolentPanda
- Thomas Binkhorst alias Th0.
- Ole van Doorn alias oaly.
- John Willis (coach) alias Virge
Thomas Binkhorst (19) and Ole van Doorn (17) are two young and highly talented players, while John Willis, the coach, is a respected contributor to the Rocket League scene and has more than 150 000 followers on social media.
CEO of Omaken Sports Joachim Haraldsen says:
– It is with great excitement that I welcome Jos, Thomas, Ole and John to the Heroic family. I believe we have signed some of the most promising guys in the business and I look forward to seeing them compete wearing the Heroic jersey. With this signing we add yet another elite team in an attractive game to our portfolio and further strengthen our position as the Norwegian elite esports organization.
The professional teams performing at the highest level in the RCLS are provided with a range of valuable commercial assets. For instance, Heroic aims to have in-game items available in the game's digital shop where sponsor placement can be monetized. There are also opportunities for selling marketing spots in the digital arena for the biggest events with the highest broadcasting reach. With Rocket League added to our portfolio, we see several commercial synergies with our SimRacing initiative, especially when it comes to commercial collaborations with the biggest brands in the automotive industry.
Rocket League has close to 100 million active players on a monthly basis, with the largest player base found in the US, followed by Germany, the UK, France, and Brazil.
Follow the link below to see the announcement video: