Sr. Sales representative | Heroic Group
published 31 October 2023
APPLY HERE (email@example.com)
Esports - a popular revolution
Esports is a fast-growing entertainment industry with more than 500 million fans globally. The space as we know it today has expanded into massive arena events, comprehensive league circuits, widespread fandom for strong established teams, and more than 1.6 billion annual viewers. With the increased popularity and commercial potential, a range of professional players are investing to position across the quickly evolving ecosystem, driving additional opportunity. In parallel, esports is catching the eye of a broader public, drawing marketing interest from big multinational brands, and is constantly expanding with new game titles, tournament formats, and fan offerings.
With viewership and engagement metrics already surpassing those of many traditional sports, esports has become a sought-after channel by many large brands for engaging with young consumers. As such, there is an increased demand for high-caliber professionals to connect the supply with the demand.
We are hiring an ambitious relationship builder with a strong sales DNA
As Sr. Sales Representative at Heroic Group, you will play a central role in reaching our commercial goals. Your overall task will be to identify and secure attractive commercial partnerships for our professional esports teams and profiles. You will be on the frontline of building trustful and value-driven business relationships with exciting international brands, in close collaboration with our cross-functional teams.
We are looking for an energic and ambitious profile with a strong sales DNA, proven from 5+ years of relevant sales experience. Ideally you possess strong knowledge and/or background from esports, gaming, or adjacent sponsorship industries (betting, PC hardware, media, traditional sports etc.), and a proven track record of closing partnerships of significant size. You should also have strong spark and genuine interest for shaping the esports industry under the HEROIC banner.
- Global partnership sales for Heroic Group’s professional esports teams
- Generate attractive leads by attending industry events, tournaments, intro-meetings, and from continuous scouting activities (combination of cold approaches and warm contacts)
- Analyze market trends and sponsorship landscape for the best opportunities
- Create bespoke sponsorship proposals with clear value propositions for prospect partners
- Pitch deals and convert brands into commercial partners for HEROIC
- Ensure favorable commercial terms incl. sound long-term considerations
- Develop innovative sales approaches with support from our creative team
- Develop and maintain beneficial relationships with relevant sponsorship agencies
- Contribute to develop HEROIC's sales strategy and commercial direction
- Ensure seamless handover from sales to our account management team
The ideal candidate has
- University degree in marketing, sales, business, or other related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience (ideally with big brands in an international context)
- Proven track record in high impact partnership/sponsorship sales
- Experience from gaming, esports or adjacent industry (betting, computer HW, beverages, automotive, FMCG, etc.)
- Relevant personal network in key partner categories for HEROIC
- Strong motivation to identify opportunities and close deals
- Experience in developing proposals and pitching to clients
- Great interpersonal skills, with outstanding ability to build trustful business relationships
- Excellent communication skills and English business fluency (more languages can be a plus)
- Ability to work both independently and in collaborative team settings
- Experience from content / digital business channel sales is an advantage
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
What you can expect from HEROIC
- Opportunities to drive real commercial impact with high industry visibility
- Learning platform in one of the “hottest” entertainment industries around
- Competitive compensation, including attractive commission based bonuses
- High degree of independence and a short path to decision making
- Opportunity to travel to exciting industry events and build a strong network of business stakeholders
- Development opportunities enabled by our company’s ambitious growth agenda
- Expectations related to achievements, rather than work hours and locations
- Diverse and inclusive culture, with passionate and fantastic colleagues
- International environment; Nordics as our base and the world as our playground
- Big screens, powerful computers, ergonomic gaming chairs, and free flow of energy drinks
Practical info on the role and process
The role is thought located in Oslo, but for unique candidates with the right skillset and platform, we would be interested in considering hybrid setups with remote base. We encourage and eagerly welcome all applications, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We are looking for the role to be appointed as soon as possible, ideally with starting date no later than January 2024.
Heroic Group is a European multi-game esports organization with a unique growth story and big ambitions for the future. The HEROIC brand has a long standing through multiple previous ownerships but has gained most of its standing over the last couple of years. HEROIC is now a globally recognized esports brand, with some of the best athletes across multiple titles, and a professional organization with a long-term vision backed by strong owners.
Our HQ is in Oslo (Norway) where most of our staff is currently located.
The HEROIC Way
Since its origin in 2013, HEROIC has been determined in building a home for heroes. Today, we represent a rapidly growing organization, an ambitious team of passionate people, and the best fans and supporters in global esports. For us, being HEROIC means following three simple rules to inspire and promote new generations of heroes:
- Show HEART: Showing heart is our superpower. We believe that good intentions are contagious, that kindness takes us further, and that caring for others makes a difference. Our heart beats for the games, for fandom, and for positive impact.
- Embrace HEAT: Embracing heat is our source of strength. We grow stronger from the heat of challenge, intensity of competition, and the pain of setbacks. Our success lies in unity, discipline, and resilience.
- Bring THUNDER: Bringing thunder is our edge. We enter with blazing guns, bring passion to another level, celebrate like no other, and entertain our audiences. Our presence is strong and we cannot be ignored
APPLY HERE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Join our family
Create an account and get access to exclusive digital content, giveaways, product drops and much more.Sign up