Social Media Specialist (Oslo, Norway)
Opportunity in short: Early entry into ambitious Nordic scale-up, well positioned in the booming global esports industry. Highly experienced core team in place, NOK 150 million funding secured, and top-ranking elite teams acquired. Competitive compensation.
Esports - a popular revolution
Do you want to work in a hyper-expansive industry with 500 million fans, professional teams battling for millions in prize pools, and annual revenues exceeding $1 billion? How about managing a global sports organization where the athletes, crowds, and stadiums are as real as they get, while the game itself is virtual? Esports has rapidly emerged from the underground and is now hitting the masses. In parallel venture capitalists, private equity, and other investment communities are fighting for the best opportunities, with esports businesses growing at record speeds. Sound interesting?
We are accelerating our growth agenda with a talented SoMe enthusiast
As Social Media Specialist in Heroic, you will play a central role in all our SoMe activity. The candidate should have experience with managing multiple SoMe channels at the same time and should be comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment. Experience from esports or adjacent industries (media, traditional sports etc.) is considered positive, but most importantly we are looking for a strong spark and genuine interest for shaping the esports industry - with all the amazing opportunities that lies ahead for Heroic. We also foresee to expand the SoMe function over time and are therefore looking for this position to develop into a functional leader as we continue to grow.
- Lead the Heroic SoMe team from idea through execution, hereunder planning, writing, and publishing of engaging esports content
- Develop strong understanding of the gaming/esports scene and the Heroic brand identity
- Create strategies to grow Heroic’s SoMe reach with short- and long-term objectives and KPIs
- Increase frequency and quality of content, with clear differentiation from our competitors
- Implement best practice SoMe processes incl. planning, production, quality control, & reporting
- Strengthen profiles of athletes and influencers through hands-on planning & execution support
- Stay updated on SoMe trends and coordinate with competitors & partners to grow engagement
- Identify SoMe improvements through KPI analysis, trend-watching, creative partnerships etc.
- Drive expansion into new promising channels (e.g., podcasts)
- Expand our SoMe and content team in line with business needs
- Develop identity and recognition as an engaging content creator behind the Heroic brand
Academic and professional background
- Min. 2-3 years of working experience with proven track-record from social media management, hereunder managing creative/content teams
- Relevant higher education within marketing, advertisement, SoMe, and digital channels
- Experience with Adobe Software, such as Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator
- Experience with analyst tools
- Esports or adjacent industry experience
- Passionate about content creation, SoMe trends, and communication
- Strong interest for digital popular culture hereunder esports and gaming
- Ambitious and result oriented, with passion for growth and value creation
- Strong business acumen and ability to learn new industries quickly
- Comfortable in leading teams and great at facilitating effective collaborations
- Conceptual and strategic thinker with solid business understanding
- Creative, energic, and hard working
- Excellent communicator (oral and written)
- Fluent in English, and experienced working in international environments
What Heroic offers
- Early entry, hereunder the ability to impact our long-term direction
- Secured funding, competitive salary, and equity incentives
- Ambitious and competent colleagues with diverse personal and professional backgrounds (hereunder management consulting)
- Dynamic and fun work environment, with people and culture as the pinnacle for growth
- Opportunity to gain unique esports competency from “the inside”
- International environment; Nordics as our base and the world as our playground
- Opportunity to position the Nordics at the top of a global competitive arena
- Big screens, powerful computers, ergonomic gaming chairs, and free flow of energy drinks
About Heroic and Omaken Sports
Heroic was founded in 2016 as a promising challenger in the professional esports scene. Since then, through hard work and commitment, we have succeeded to position as one of the best elite teams globally. Heroic was acquired by Omaken Sports this February, providing a strong platform for additional growth and expansion. Omaken Sports was founded in 2020, and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Our founder, Joachim “NoobworK” Haraldsen is Norway’s most profiled gamer with an impressive industry network and a vision to position Heroic and the Nordic region at the top of the global esports scene. Omaken Sports recently raised NOK 150 million in capital, enabling the acquisition of Heroic and several other growth initiatives currently in the making. Heroic now has the second best professional CS:GO team globally, a world-leading PUBG roster, and a very promising simracing set-up. With rapid growth as our main objective, we are quickly entering new games, signing new elite teams, positioning for franchise stakes in top leagues, and attracting world-class commercial partners. The timing is now, and the opportunities are many. Initially, our main target is to conquer the elite esports segment under the Heroic banner. Over time, Omaken Sports will grow into other gaming verticals.
Our company values are #BeCompetitive, #BeProfessional, and #BeBorderless. These three values are all captured in our #BeHeroic caption and intends to speak to and inspire current and future esports fans. We aim to motivate people to adopt heroic characteristics such as being a role model, showing courage, acting noble, or achieving greatness. Being heroic is showing respect for others and promoting human equality. Standing up for yourself, and those in need. From an organizational point of view, we want all our employees to represent #BeHeroic through our joint ACHIEVEMENTS, the PERSONALITIES we represent, and our RESPONSIBILITY towards our fans, our communities, and through our social impact work.
How to apply?
- Submit your application by email to: email@example.com
- Include your CV and a short cover letter / motivational letter in two separate attachments
- Include your name and the role you are applying for in the e-mail subject field (Example: Application for Social Media Manager - John Hancock)
- Deadline: as soon as possible
For any questions regarding the application process please contact:
Daniel Engeset – People & Talent Manager