Production Manager or Coordinator (Video) at Heroic (Oslo, Norway)
Opportunity in short: Early entry into ambitious Nordic scale-up, well positioned in the booming global esports industry. Highly experienced core team in place, NOK 150 million funding secured, and top-ranking elite teams acquired. Competitive compensation.
Esports - a popular revolution
Do you want to work in a hyper-expansive industry with 500 million fans, professional teams battling for millions in prize pools, and annual revenues exceeding $1 billion? How about managing a global sports organization where the athletes, crowds, and stadiums are as real as they get, while the game itself is virtual? Esports has rapidly emerged from the underground and is now hitting the masses. In parallel venture capitalists, private equity, and other investment communities are fighting for the best opportunities, with esport businesses growing at record speeds. Sound interesting?
We are looking for a structured individual with a knack for project management
As a Production Manager or Coordinator, you’re in charge of our production schedule, structure and keeping track of internal and external resources. You’re the MVP of structure and deadlines, in a team with overweight of Creatives. Experience from esports or adjacent industries (media, traditional sports etc.) is considered positive, but most importantly we are looking for a strong spark and genuine interest for shaping the esports industry - with all the amazing opportunities that lies ahead for Heroic.
- Manage the slate of video productions for Heroic Productions, making weekly, monthly and quarterly plans. Not exclusive to but including internal SoMe-videos, Web Series and commercial productions for external partners
- Help develop and produce high quality video together with the production team
- Role will be tailored to candidate's background but will focus on project management.
- Provide structure to creatives, both internally and externally. Make sure deadlines are met
- Hire freelancers
Academic and professional background
- Experience as a content producer, post. production manager, production manager, production coordinator, producer and/or director
- Great at creating structure for internal and external creative resources
- Managing multiple projects in early stages
- Seeing large projects through from idea stage to completion
- 3-7 years of production experience
- Relevant education or experience from a reputable production company
- You’re a nice person and you love working with other nice people
- Passionate about content creation on Twitch and YouTube, follow SoMe trends, and communication
- Strong interest for digital popular culture hereunder esports and gaming
- Experience and a track record building YouTube channels
- Experience working on Live Streaming on Twitch or YouTube Live
- Excellent communicator (oral and written)
- Fluent in English, and experienced working in international environments
What Heroic offers
Early entry, hereunder the ability to impact our long-term direction
- Secured funding, competitive salary, and equity incentives
- Ambitious and competent colleagues with diverse personal and professional backgrounds (hereunder management consulting)
- Dynamic and fun work environment, with people and culture as the pinnacle for growth
- Opportunity to gain unique esports competency from “the inside”
- International environment; Nordics as our base and the world as our playground
- Opportunity to position the Nordics at the top of a global competitive arena
- Big screens, powerful computers, ergonomic gaming chairs, and free flow of energy drinks
Heroic was founded in 2016 as a promising challenger in the professional esports scene. Since then, through hard work and commitment, we have succeeded to position as one of the best elite teams globally. Heroic was acquired by Omaken Sports this February, providing a strong platform for additional growth and expansion. Omaken Sports was founded in 2020, and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Our founder, Joachim “NoobworK” Haraldsen is Norway’s most profiled gamer with an impressive industry network and a vision to position Heroic and the Nordic region at the top of the global esports scene. Omaken Sports recently raised NOK 150 million in capital, enabling the acquisition of Heroic and several other growth initiatives currently in the making. Heroic now has the second best professional CS:GO team globally, a world-leading PUBG roster, and a very promising simracing set-up. With rapid growth as our main objective, we are quickly entering new games, signing new elite teams, positioning for franchise stakes in top leagues, and attracting world-class commercial partners. The timing is now, and the opportunities are many. Initially, our main target is to conquer the elite esports segment under the Heroic banner. In December 2021, Omaken Sports AS made the legal transition to Heroic Group AS.
Our company values are #BeCompetitive, #BeProfessional, and #BeBorderless. These three values are all captured in our #BeHeroic caption and intends to speak to and inspire current and future esports fans. We aim to motivate people to adopt heroic characteristics such as being a role model, showing courage, acting noble, or achieving greatness. Being heroic is showing respect for others and promoting human equality. Standing up for yourself, and those in need. From an organizational point of view, we want all our employees to represent #BeHeroic through our joint ACHIEVEMENTS, the PERSONALITIES we represent, and our RESPONSIBILITY towards our fans, our communities, and through our social impact work.
How to apply?
- Submit your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your CV and a short cover letter / motivational letter in two separate attachments
- Include your name and the role you are applying for in the e-mail subject field (Example: Application for Production Manager or Coordinator - John Hancock)
- Deadline: as soon as possible
For any questions regarding the application process please contact:
Daniel Engeset – People & Talent Manager