published 29 November 2023
APPLY WITH CV & COVER LETTER HERE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Esports - a popular revolution
Esports is a fast-growing entertainment industry with more than 500 million fans globally. The space as we know it today has expanded into massive arena events, comprehensive league circuits, widespread fandom for strong established teams, and more than 1.6 billion annual viewers. With the increased popularity and commercial potential, a range of professional players are investing to position across the quickly evolving ecosystem, driving additional opportunity. In parallel, esports is catching the eye of a broader public, drawing marketing interest from big multinational brands, and is constantly expanding with new game titles, tournament formats, and fan offerings.
With viewership and engagement metrics already surpassing those of many traditional sports, esports has become a sought-after channel by many large brands for engaging with young consumers. As such, there is an increased demand for high-caliber professionals to connect the supply with the demand.
We are hiring a service-minded relationship builder to nurture our partnerships
As an Account Manager at Heroic Group, you will be at the forefront of our client relationships, ensuring that partners and sponsors receive exceptional service and support. Your role will involve managing key accounts, nurturing client relationships, identifying new business opportunities within existing accounts and collaborating closely with our internal teams to deliver successful esports activations.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients, addressing inquiries and ensuring exceptional client satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain strong, long-term relationships with sponsors and business partners both through online interaction and through traveling to business & gaming events.
- Understand client objectives and proactively propose esports solutions that align with their goals.
- Monitor campaign performance and provide regular reports to clients, offering insights and recommendations for optimization.
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients and contribute to the wider commercial team’s yearly targets.
- Collaborate with the marketing and content production teams to execute successful esports campaigns and events.
- Conduct research on industry trends, emerging games, and esports developments to both offer innovative solutions to clients and also support the wider commercial team projects.
The ideal candidate has
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field (preferred).
- 2-4 years proven experience in account management or client-facing roles. Managing large/international client accounts is a big advantage.
- Understanding of the esports industry, including game titles, teams, and industry trends.
- Proven ability to identify business opportunities and (up)sell solutions/new projects.
- Strong relationship builder with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a service-oriented mindset.
- Excellent communication in English. Norwegian is an advantage.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple client accounts simultaneously.
- Problem-solving skills and a proactive attitude.
What you can expect from HEROIC
- Opportunities to drive real commercial impact with high industry visibility.
- Learning platform in one of the “hottest” entertainment industries around.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus.
- High degree of independence and a short path to decision making.
- Opportunity to travel to exciting industry events and build a strong network of business stakeholders.
- Expectations related to achievements, rather than work hours and locations.
- Diverse and inclusive culture, with passionate and driven colleagues.
- International environment; Nordics as our base and the world as our playground.
- Access to exciting esports events and tournaments.
Practical info on the role and process
The role is thought located in Oslo, but for unique candidates with the right skillset and platform, we would be interested in considering hybrid setups with remote base. We encourage and eagerly welcome all applications, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We are looking for the role to be appointed as soon as possible, ideally with starting date no later than January 2024.
Heroic Group is a European multi-game esports organization with a unique growth story and big ambitions for the future. The HEROIC brand has a long standing through multiple previous ownerships but has gained most of its standing over the last couple of years. HEROIC is now a globally recognized esports brand, with some of the best athletes across multiple titles, and a professional organization with a long-term vision backed by strong owners.
Our HQ is in Oslo (Norway) where most of our staff is currently located.
The HEROIC Way
Since its origin in 2013, HEROIC has been determined in building a home for heroes. Today, we represent a rapidly growing organization, an ambitious team of passionate people, and the best fans and supporters in global esports. For us, being HEROIC means following three simple rules to inspire and promote new generations of heroes:
- Show HEART: Showing heart is our superpower. We believe that good intentions are contagious, that kindness takes us further, and that caring for others makes a difference. Our heart beats for the games, for fandom, and for positive impact.
- Embrace HEAT: Embracing heat is our source of strength. We grow stronger from the heat of challenge, intensity of competition, and the pain of setbacks. Our success lies in unity, discipline, and resilience.
- Bring THUNDER: Bringing thunder is our edge. We enter with blazing guns, bring passion to another level, celebrate like no other, and entertain our audiences. Our presence is strong and we cannot be ignored
APPLY WITH CV & COVER LETTER HERE (email@example.com)
Do you want to work with us?GET IN TOUCH
Join our family
Create an account and get access to exclusive digital content, giveaways, product drops and much more.SIGN UP