Opportunity in short: Early entry into ambitious Nordic scale-up, well positioned in the booming global esports industry. Highly experienced core team in place, NOK 150 million funding secured, and top-ranking elite teams acquired. Competitive compensation.
Esports - a popular revolution
Do you want to work in a hyper-expansive industry with 500 million fans, professional teams battling for millions in prize pools, and annual revenues exceeding $1 billion? How about managing a global sports organization where the athletes, crowds, and stadiums are as real as they get, while the game itself is virtual? Esports has rapidly emerged from the underground and is now hitting the masses. In parallel venture capitalists, private equity, and other investment communities are fighting for the best opportunities, with esports businesses growing at record speeds. Sounds interesting?
We are establishing a new tech team in Heroic!
As a Teach Lead in Heroic, you will play a central role in establishing our tech team, together with our CEO, and defining how we use technology to perform at a higher level.Your days will be filled with developing engaging experiences on our website – Heroic.gg, other commercial landingsites, as well as new digital products across our rapidly expanding business.
We are looking for a candidate with 2 – 5 years of experience who gets excited by new technologies, and who loves to develop highly functional, data-rich single page web applications with dynamic JS-driven interfaces. Knowing tech like you do, you’re excited by the future of the web and the possibilities that lie ahead with the likes of 3D, AR, and web 3.0. In addition, you have an eye for design, love your JS/CSS, and enjoy writing well-documented code. Most importantly, you’ll bring an entrepreneurial mindset, to a small but growing team, and a hunger to make a big impact. This person will be responsible for our website and will help define the future technology verticals within esports and gaming. We hope to attract an experienced, creative, and self-driven candidate with a proven track record.
The tech we are currently using is:
Experience with these ishighly preferable and wanted, but it should be mentioned that our tech stack is not set in stone and there will be opportunities to define and / or redefine this.
- Develop and continue to evolve Heroic.gg
- Work on a range of digital projects across our Product function
- Launch one off interactive digital marketing sites
- Help define, prototype, and develop new exciting ideas for the global gaming market
- Contribute with technical ideas and workflow improvements to enhance the direction of Heroic products
- Build Twitch extensions
- Launch creative digital campaigns, using the latest technologies
- Analyzedata points and performance metrics to derive insight and drive change
- Automate processes, so more time can be spent on value generation
- Previous development of pixel-perfect design systems
- Knowledgeable with React
- Proficiency with HTML5 fundamentals
- Proficiency with TailwindCSS, and experience with CSS preprocessors
- Headless CMS experience (Sanity.io)
- Debugging and code review skills
- 3D/WebGL interest
- Demonstrated ability through a project portfolio on GitHub
- Experience collaborating on software projects with design and backend aspects
- A quick learner, with an entrepreneurial drive
- Team-centric mentality
- Experience with webshop/ ecommerce is a bonus
What Heroic offers
- Newly made business unit with the opportunity to define its future
- Strong willingness to investment into the domain with several good ideas to start developing on from day 1
- Early entry, hereunder the ability to impact our long-term direction
- Securedfunding and competitivesalary
- Dynamic and fun work environment, with people and culture as the pinnacle for growth
- Opportunity to gain unique esports competency from “the inside”
- International environment; Nordics as our base and the world as our playground
- Opportunity to position the Nordics at the top of a global competitive arena
- Big screens, powerful computers, ergonomic gaming chairs, and free flow of energy drinks
Heroic was founded in 2016 as a promising challenger in the professional esports scene. Since then, through hard work and commitment, we have succeeded to position as one of the best elite teams globally. Heroic was acquired by Omaken Sports in February 2021, providing a strong platform for additional growth and expansion. Omaken Sports was founded in 2020, and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Our founder, Joachim “NoobworK” Haraldsen is Norway’s most profiled gamer with an impressive industry network and a vision to position Heroic and the Nordic region at the top of the global esports scene. Omaken Sports recently raised NOK 150 million in capital, enabling the acquisition of Heroic and several other growth initiatives currently in the making. With rapid growth as our main objective, we are quickly entering new games, signing new elite teams, positioning for franchise stakes in top leagues, and attracting world-class commercial partners. The timing is now, and the opportunities are many. Initially, our main target is to conquer the elite esports segment under the Heroic banner. In December 2021, Omaken Sports AS made the legal transition to Heroic Group AS.
Our company values are #BeCompetitive, #BeProfessional, and #BeBorderless. These three values are all captured in our #BeHeroic caption and intends to speak to and inspire current and future esports fans. We aim to motivate people to adopt heroic characteristics such as being a role model, showing courage, acting noble, or achieving greatness. Being heroic is showing respect for others and promoting human equality. Standing up for yourself, and those in need. From an organizational point of view, we want all our employees to represent #BeHeroic through our joint ACHIEVEMENTS, the PERSONALITIES we represent, and our RESPONSIBILITY towards our fans, our communities, and through our social impact work.
How to apply?
- Submit your application by email to: email@example.com
- Include your CV and a short cover letter / motivational letter in two separate attachments
- Include your name and the role you are applying for in the e-mail subject field (Example: Application for Frontend Developer - John Hancock)
- Deadline: as soon as possible
For any questions regarding the application process please contact: