Heroic today announced a player change as Asger ”AcilioN” Larsen takes the place of Ruben ”RUBINO” Villarroel. “AcilioN” was the In-game Leader on the Imperial team that won the 2018 Copenhagen Games by beating North in the semi-final and taking down Heroic in the final. He joins Heroic immediately.
Kasper Hvidt, Director of Sports, RFRSH Entertainment, comments:
– Ruben is a very skilled and experienced professional, who has contributed greatly to moving the Heroic organization in the right direction. It has been a true pleasure working with Ruben, and we wish him all the best.
– At the same time, in the team we are continuously analyzing and work to improve all aspects of the players’ and team’s performance in-game and outside, and we believe bringing in a player with the profile, skills and mentality of Asger “Acilion”, will contribute to the team’s overall development and performance.
– By bringing in a player like Asger of the team’s need to step up in certain areas and this is where Asger comes in. He has a lot of the qualities we are looking for in-game and outside, and I am confident, over the coming months we will see Heroic create some even bigger results. As always it takes time, and from that perspective, it’s not optimal to change a player again, but we are building the fundament of a strong Heroic and Asgers profile is a perfect match for the challenges ahead.
Asger “AcilioN” Larsen:
– Having finished my first day in the amazing office surroundings, I must say, I really look forward to playing with the Heroic team. I really had no doubt, when I was first contacted by the RFRSH organization and talking to MODDII, the player-coach, and introduced to their way of working, the facilities and the ambitions only confirmed my initial feelings.
– Dreamhack Valencia will be our first tournament, and I can’t wait to pull the shirt over my head and play with the guys as an official Heroic-player. On Imperial, we beat them at Copenhagen Games, but this team and organization is so much bigger, and I am just proud to be a part of it all.
Ruben “RUBINO” Villarroel:
– I am obviously sad to leave and that it didn’t work out in the end, but I have only good things to say about Heroic and the organization around the team. It has been a pleasure working in such a professional environment with a group of good guys and great players. We’ve played some good tournaments while the team has been undergoing some changes, and I am glad to have been a part of this development. I have to take care of my eye condition, but I am confident, I will be back very soon. I wish the guys on Heroic, Kasper and the organization all the best for the future.
The first official game with the new line-up will be at Dreamhack Valencia, which opens on Thursday 12th July. Heroic will play AGO in their first game.